My life fulfilled

My life fulfilled
Alexandra and Andy

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 5 after transplant....


How the hell is everyone out there?

I feel like complete dogshit, I’m always tired, feels like somebody put me in cement and threw me in water, and the ever present feeling I need to puke, but I’m living!

Day + 5 after transplant.  My blood levels are in the dump where expected and now we are waiting for my entire , with assistance, to rebuild itself. 

The last few days have been fairly rough with constant nausea, steady body aches and zero energy from the loss of blood.  It basically feels like a 200lb lead blanket has been cast over me.  I’ve received a few bags of red blood cells and fully expect to get a few more with platelets.  Kind of the game when the drugs eat up your good cellsJ

I can’t believe I’ve been locked up for two weeks now and it’s definitely looking like I’ll be in here at least another week.  Oh well, “The Dude Abides”.

The family and especially Alex have been an absolute Godsend.   Unfortunately there are numerous individuals on this floor with a mere fraction of the support compared to what I receive.  Alex takes it upon herself to seek these poor souls and assist wherever she can whether that be sharing homemade food, buying balloons or simply spending time with them.  Her spirit in action is humbling to watch.

Well off to reading, sleeping or whizzing around the floor with “Big Bertha”, my IV pump.

Cheers,

Andy

Below is a pic of all the well wishes  my friends and family have sent me from my niece and nephews, to my Second mom Mrs Daly and my old college friend Keith! I am a lucky man!

2 comments:

  1. Chin up Andy.
    All that you mentioned shows that you are on the way out of this. These are just a few minor hiccups that happens, but you will be over this within no time.
    Keep smiling . . . . . looking forward to more posts from you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew, the illustrious infathomable indomintable Mr. Priddy..Priddliscious...Priddyfokkingawesome...yeah you buddy!
    CHECK!
    CLEAR!

    WOT WOT WOT!

    Not easy to be in your situation again. I read and I create in my mind what is it you are experiencing, staying off depression, boredom and working with what your body needs to accomplish to reclaim it's core structure again. This third round surely has imprinted you uniquely, specially and gifted as only a man can be when he is facing any true battle invovling life. It's not just your physical, its your spiritual and emotional. The key things that replay in my mind are the truisms of support, your family, Alex as your champion, and friends. How much this simply matters, how far kindness goes and moves us, and which motivates us the most.. love. Pure love.

    I send you what little can be accomplished through written words, as thoughts of mine fall short. I would even glimmer to say if it were so easy, I could share some of lead blanket and take a measure of that stuffy burden from yours, and laugh with you. But it cannot be only as another play of words and thoughts,...concerns.

    Fight on my friend.

    ReplyDelete