My life fulfilled

My life fulfilled
Alexandra and Andy

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Patience!


It’s almost been a full three weeks on lock down and to be honest it has become customary.   We are hoping to be released by this weekend based on my blood levels.

My present disposition has me receiving neupogen shots daily to boost my white cell counts much like before stem cell harvesting.  Our expectations are pretty standard for a person in my condition presently.

The last few days have been rough with the flu like symptom’s returning due to the shots and the unfortunate fact I’m a little bitch when I have the flu.  I literally deal with nausea, vomiting and all the other fun side effects of this crap better.  The kid in me I guessJ

Over the past few weeks Alex and I have had the unique opportunity to meet people from varying ways of life in our similar situations.  Alex personally has made close connections to a few of the patients as well as their caregivers.  Her compassion, caring and selfless nature is inspiring and often leave me with a huge shit eating grin on my face of sheer respect and love for her. 

I’ve been in worse places in life, but not by much.  Two patients have passed during our stay with others holding a dismal attitude gravitating towards their end.  On the flipside we’ve seen friends released and others who smile daily.  Our reality is very very real.  Our intent is set the example of how a positive mental approach and projection work.  “Pure Fucking Magic” as an old Recon instructor used to say to reconnaissance students attempting to make a 35 meter under water swim full utilities on.  It meant, mind over matter. 

Together we are making a difference in other peoples lives while dealing with our situation and are happy to do so.  Too many times in life people let opportunities to make a difference or act go by.  Sure, we’ve been one those people before, but we strive to make a difference when so many accept the “status quo” of shit today.

I can’t wait to hit the gym day one of my release.  Fully planning and preparing for the atrophy and weakness present, but excited about ripping it!

Cheers,

Andy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andy & Alex...patience is said to be a virtue. Some are born with it & some of us are challenged in our lives so that we have to develope patience. This humbling virtue is not easy to develope but I would say dear,sweet Andy you seem to be getting the hang of it !
    To some extent anyway :). We love & miss you all.

    ReplyDelete