My life fulfilled

My life fulfilled
Alexandra and Andy

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Being a "Bitch"

The following is me standing up on my soap box for my realization the other day that I was being a bitch, basically the reality that I was living scared and worried about things I shouldn’t have been.  Even with my current disposition at handJ

Being a “Bitch” Barometer is my topic for discussion on this soap box adventureJ   Before we get started let me give you an overall or generic definition of” Bitch” in these contexts.  Not the derogatory meaning associated with a sexist individual toward a woman that is commonly known or should be.  Rather it’s the equivalent of a 6 year old crying because he can’t get the latest and greatest video game, not realizing a very large percentage of his/hers peers don’t even know when their next meal will come.  Or a man who cries when he gets a splinter, generally his friends would say, “what a bitch!” Get it, it revolves around a general situational awareness that allows you to suck things up or notJ  You can also call this thing a meter, what matters is the comedy involved in erecting one and the understanding behind is actual presence in every day life. 

This barometer is attained via numerous routes, however the main one comes from your upbringing and general circumstances you have lived.  A large variable is your gene pool and how you were raised.  This trait can be learned and often is through arduous circumstances in life that give us this opportunity.  Not all have this ability, but its manifestation is available to all.  

Here’s a few examples of individuals with a high barometer for being a bitch, meaning this trait is in their combined traits.  Brett Favre and his performance for 20 years in the NFL with numerous injuries.  Lance Armstrong for what he did post cancer.  The guy this Olympics who in track and field finished his run with a broken leg.  The Marine who succumbed to the effects of drowning without grabbing the ledge during my pool faze at basic reconnaissance course. He did this because he had too much pride to grab the ledge so he just passed out!  He was saved by the instructors.  Michael A Monsoor, a Navy Seal who jumped on a grenade in Ramadi, Iraq in 2006 to save his team and, Jason Dunham, a Marine who in 2004 executed the same selfless act to save his fellow Marines in Husaybah, Iraq. They both were awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor.  These are on the extreme high side, but you should get the point.  I find it highly unlikely that at any point in these individuals lives where anyone muffled, “What a Bitch.”

Some personal scenarios where I witnessed someone  “being a bitch” include: Anytime in my life I had a man order a cocktail while I was bar-tending that sounded like something out of Sex in the City;  President Clinton and his address to the national public stating, “I did not have sexual relations with that woman”( come on man, admit you fucked the dog!);   All soccer players who perform academy award like performance when they get tackled in which  an 8 year old girl would get up from with no problem (Little note, I grew up playing soccerJ );  A good friend whining about how he had sore feet in college after every run we did due to his flat feet. All of the above....complete bitchy activityJ 

Your meter with this barometer is always falling or rising depending on your life and the avenues traveled.   IF you live a hard life you may not even have this barometer, but it always has the ability to creep in.  I’ll be honest and say that this barometer for me at least is both in the conscious and subconscious.  The subconscious is obviously the one I'm aware of and who I interact with mostly.  That voice, I assume, is attached to a man standing arms crossed, steel faced and eyes drawn close to project a sickness in the witness of my bitchyness.  His comments range from, “really dude?! take a Midol”, or “you are a panzy, I’d kill myself if you choose this route.”
This barometer for me at least is directly related to my pride and sense of accomplishment and I won’t assume this is the same driving force for everyone.    No worries, its what’s driven me hard most of life.

 I unfortunately realized the other day that my barometer had dropped fairly low.  Based on my current life and my transplant I was acting like a little bitch and concerned with everything restricting me from being me.  After my last appointment with my Oncologist and his answer to all of my concerns being, no Andy your good just be prudent.  I spent the hour and half ride home ragging myself for being this way, laughing mostly.

I have since woken up and I’m currently focused on increasing my barometerJ  A huge piece of this ugly pie is directly related to my loss of testosterone from lack of gym activity and probably a multitude of the medications they have me on.  That is being worked on.

Cheers, and I challenge everyone to focus on increasing your barometers for “being a bitch” in any fashion.  Know it can sway either way, but we should all attempt to make it stronger, because no one should like being called a BITCHJ  

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment